Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Time to Fry - 02 December 2020 - Plague Journal Day 265

Micah 6:8
Leviticus 2:6-8
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?


Well, it's been a long time since I've made any, but today is National Fritters Day, so I may have to break out the artichoke fritters recipe and fry up some of those bad boys.
"Artichoke fritters? Really?" I hear you cry. Indeed. I first had these delightful bites at a now-defunct restaurant (sadly, that phrase is headed toward becoming redundant) called the Double Eagle at a golf course (as I recall Sylvan Glen was the name of the course).
The fritters were a very nice starter, and came with a side of Bearnaise sauce for dipping / saucing.


If you want to make them yourself, it's quite simple, really. I used the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook recipe for apple fritters, replacing the apple with quartered artichoke hearts, and replacing the cinnamon with nutmeg. I'm sure any standard fritter recipe will do, so give it a go and let me know what you think.

Just so you know, I think they're delicious.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: