Friday, December 04, 2020

A Potpourri - 04 December 2020 - Plague Journal Day 267

Micah 6:8
1 Corinthians 13:12
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

First up, I came across this really good review on why mirrorless cameras are starting to displace DSLRs in the digital camera market. (Warning - it's a pretty long video, but it does a good job of explaining the differences between the types of camera.) Yes, it is a good overview, but they totally miss the most important reason to go mirrorless. That's the only way to photograph a vampire.

Next, here's a telling quote:
"I used to shop at Banana Republic, but now I live in one." - anonymous Californian



Finally, it's been a long time since I rock-and-rolled.  In fact, it was on this day in 1980 that Led Zeppelin disbanded after the death of drummer John Bonham. It has been a long time indeed.
Adding insult to injury on this date, it was thirteen years later, in 1993, that Frank Zappa died. I guess December 4 is not my favorite musical date.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: