Monday, October 11, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving! - 11 October 2021 - Plague Journal Day 578

Micah 6:8
Philippians 4:4-9
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is Thanksgiving in Canada! Even with the amazing restrictions under which my Canadian friends have suffered this past year and a half (or more!), they still have much for which to be thankful. I pray they realise just how blessed they have been, and work to reclaim the freedoms which are slowly being taken from them.

For even more to celebrate, remember that on this date in 1887 the elevator was patented, eventually leading to one of my favourite palindromes: "Sit, Otis." (That's a good one, but I really like "Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog." That just hits more right notes.)


Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: