Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Carnage du Jour - 20 October 2021 - Plague Journal Day 587

Micah 6:8
John 21:9,12-13
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

So the other day we managed to get Jacki to take a break and come over for dinner. We had a nice piece of Arctic Char, some roasted potatoes with Herbes de Provence, and a mix of broccoli and corn. Everything was very tasty, but here's how I did the fish.

It was about a 1# fillet (and it only had three missed bones for me to remove!) which I rinsed and patted dry. I mixed a few tablespoons of Dijon mustard with about a tablespoon of honey and about a teaspoon of Aleppo pepper, then smeared that mixture on top of the fish.
That went under the broiler for about 6 minutes, then rested in the pan for a few more as we assembled the other dinner items on the plate.

It was delicious - I highly recommend Arctic Char. If you haven't tried it, it's quite a bit like salmon, and takes to similar flavours very nicely.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: