Wednesday, September 29, 2021

I Like the Java Jive - 29 September 2021 - Plague Journal Day 566

Micah 6:8
Proverbs 23:35
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is National Coffee Day! This holiday is to me as Christmas is to Ebenezer Scrooge at the end of "A Christmas Carol" - a day that I keep in my heart all through the year.
I just got a CD of classical music for the Coffee Lover, so I may have to drop that in the player. Bach's Coffee Cantata is no doubt a big part of the repertoire.

In addition, today is Michaelmas, which is also known as the Feast of Saints Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Raphael. That list makes me think of the chorus from Haydn's "Creation" where the choir and three soloists sing that "the Heavens are telling the glory of God," with the soloists being Gabriel, Uriel, and Raphael. Heidi, Fred, and I have sung those parts many times with the church choir, and it is a favourite piece of mine, and of the choir's.


So ... have a nice cup of Java (or even better, Jamaican Blue Mountain! Yum!) and realize that the Heavens really are telling the glory of God. After all, He made coffee beans!

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: