Thursday, July 15, 2021

Just Keep Going! - 15 July 2021 - Plague Journal Day 490

Micah 6:8
Jeremiah 31:21-22
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?


I heard the traffic report on the radio this morning. Apparently there was a problem at the intersection of I-94 and I-69, "that's in Port Huron," the reporter explained. That explanation actually was helpful, because, despite their being purportedly-perpendicular Interstate Highways, I-94 and I-69 actually intersect in two places. The problem one of this morning - in Port Huron - is where they simply don't make sense: I-94 Eastbound is actually Northbound there, and I-69 Northbound is actually Eastbound.
The other, more reasonable intersection is at Marshall, and it - more specifically its cloverleaf - holds a special place in my memory.


Today would have been my Mom's 87th birthday, so having this reference came on a very appropriate day. When I was a kid, I got to go spend a week with my cousins in Indiana (originally Fort Wayne, later Warsaw), and at least once we met my Aunt Peggy at about the half-way point, Marshall, where friends of hers lived.

This trip was special, We took the I-69 exit from I-94 and the first loop was the one to head us South on I-69. We didn't get over quickly enough to merge onto the highway - we were stuck heading for the next loop. Well, to make a long story short (too late!), we ended up doing all four leaves of the cloverleaf, bringing us back to that first loop which we then navigated correctly, ending up on I-69 as we intended. Five loops of the cloverleaf rather than one! We were enthusiastically delighted. Mom was embarrassed. It was a great day.

Hey! Bonus Celebration and Fun!
Today is National Tapioca Pudding Day! I really like tapioca pudding. It's not terribly common these days, but if you have the chance to celebrate with a bowl, raise a spoon to Ryan, Colin, and Ricky

You're welcome.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: