Thursday, August 13, 2020

13 August 2020 - Plague Journal Day 153

Micah 6:8
Judges 3:15-23
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is International Left-Handers Day! While only semi-left-handed myself (in fact, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous!), I do sympathise with my lefty brethren and sistern - even to the point of founding the formerly-annual Sinister Invitational.
You can read the lore and results of this spectacular do here.

To show my solidarity with the sinestral downtrodden, I mouse and eat left-handed (I can't even use chopsticks in my right hand), however I will not go so far as to chant "Kill Righty" at any left-handed protests. Don't even ask.

Speaking of Simon (as in Bar Sinister) leads to Symon (as in Chef Michael), and the fact that today is also National Filet Mignon Day. Why not hit the grill and do a left-handed compliment to a filet mignon by having a ribeye(or delmonico if you prefer) since that's a much tastier option.

Cheers! (oh, you can toast it all with a glass of prosecco, since it's also National Prosecco Day!)

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: