Monday, August 10, 2020

10 August 2020 - Plague Journal Day 150

Micah 6:8
Isaiah 11:5-7
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Item #1 - Hoist on my own petard
Regular readers will remember Saturday was sneak zucchini on your neighbor's porch day. Looks like I was too good at spreading the word in my own neighborhood!


Item #2 - World War II Ends
Today is VJ Day (also simply called Victory Day, since VE Day had already happened, so this was the end of WWII). Yes, 75 years ago today the Empire of Japan formally surrendered, ending World War II. Sadly, there will likely be very little notice given to this important anniversary - after all, the press hardly noticed the 75th anniversary of the only two atomic bombings in history, and that was their opportunity to paint the US as dreadfully evil. Maybe the fact that the President who ordered the bombing was a democrat has something to do with that lapse of blame-storming? We may never know.

Item #3 - I'm hungry, like the wolf
Yes, I am indeed hungry like the wolf. Hmm, maybe I should just go to Rio? After all, it is National Duran Duran Appreciation Day (no, not Roberto Duran, I think this is his cousin).

No matter what the relationship, whether by blood or marriage (or even none), enjoy this trip back in time.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: