Thursday, April 15, 2021

I Remember Stuff - 15 April 2021 - Plague Journal Day 399

Micah 6:8
Exodus 20:16
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?


Today is the day that used to be dreaded as the annual request for self-incrimination (generally unintentional) from the IRS, Income Tax Filing Day. Once again the COVIDs have delayed that deadline - this year only for an extra month - so it somehow doesn't feel special, even though my Outlook calendar noted that today is Tax Day.
Please note - I'm not complaining. Also note that the 1040 above is my favorite version - the one that says "DO NOT FILE" in large letters. I'm happy to follow instructions.

It's perhaps instructive to note that today is also Take A Wild Guess Day. Once again we look at unintentional self-incrimination. One wonders if taking the Fifth is allowed on line 1 of the 1040 form.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: