Thursday, April 23, 2020

23 April 2020 - Plague Journal Day 42

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today, as every day, it seems, has multiple celebrations from which to choose.
It's St. George's Day (time to sing England's national song).
It's also Slay a Dragon Day (frankly, that's simply a corollary to the first celebration).
Finally (at least in this post), it's also World Book Day.

"But how," I hear you cry, "how am I to join these three seemingly unrelated celebrations?!"
Allow me to allay your anxiety. I simply suggest that you get - and read - a copy of Gordon R. Dickson's The Dragon and the George to make your day complete.

As an added feature - a bonus, in fact - I'm posting a picture of Mr. Dickson's famous "Dragon Signature" which the author inscribed to your humble blogger some time ago, and not in the book in question (as you can see), but in another novel of his which I can also recommend to you - Time Storm.







Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: