Tuesday, February 03, 2015

The FCC Stole My Broadband!

All of a sudden, my internet connection seems so slow.
Until recently, I was thrilled with the speed of my downloads, the steady streaming of audio and video, even the speed of ftp uploads.
Now, I'm relegated to the other side of the digital tracks, the digital boondocks as it were.

Of course, nothing has actually changed.
The FCC has simply decided that "broadband" means 25Mbps and higher, and I'm no longer on the broadband side of the digital divide.

Fortunately, I'm happy with what I have, and I'm even happier not to have to pay for what they think I need. I can't imagine why I'd need 40Mbps unless I were hosting websites at home in violation of my TOS.

25Mbps? Really? That smacks of creating a controversy where none exists. What are they, political appointees?
Oh. Never mind.
Grr.

No comments: