Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Dick Tracy Moment

I don't know how many of you will remember the old Dick Tracy cartoons on TV, but one of the best parts was the opening sequence where a police car is driving through the city with siren blaring and lights blazing.
The scene was drawn from directly above, and the cool thing was watching all the cars and trucks pull off to the side to let the cops go by.
This morning on my way to work, I was driving up Hayes between 7 and 8 Mile when an ambulance was heading South with full lights and siren.
It was very gratifying to join all the other drivers in pulling off to the side to let the ambulance go by. Note that I said I joined - it wasn't a matter of my being the first and everyone else realising what they should be doing, but rather everyone on both sides of the road pulled over to let the ambulance roll.

Very cool.

Oh, and Dick Tracy's wrist radio was cool as well.

No comments: