Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Dinner and Guest

from grandteuton.blogspot.com

I don't remember how I got thinking about this, but I was wondering about that old question:
"If you could invite anyone to have dinner with you  - from anywhere, from any time, all that - who would you invite?"
It usually comes down to famous people of the past - writers, statesmen, etc. - or relatives you miss or never knew - my great-great-grandfather who fought in the Civil War, Uncle Jerome (just to see what's in his pocket), etc.
Then I got down to some extended wondering.  What would I serve to someone like that whom I've invited for dinner?

I think this could be a cool thread, so let me know who you'd invite, what you'd put on the menu, and why (why that person / those people? and why that menu?).  I'll reply in a comment after a while with my own party details.

Go!

No comments: