Thursday, April 16, 2009

Single-Issue Extremist

Yep, the guys and gals down at Homeland Security must be watching me, because I'm one of those single-issue extremists that seem to be worrying them. I'm focused on the single issue of the Constitution.
Of course, if you consider the Bill of Rights as a separate entity (I do not, as that set of amendments were adopted as part of a deal to get the Constitution itself adopted), then I guess I'd be a two-issue extremist.

To quote:
The DHS/Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A) has no specific information that domestic rightwing* terrorists are currently planning acts of violence, but rightwing extremists may be gaining new recruits by playing on their fears about several emergent issues.
Of course, the report then goes on to ape the most paranoid fantasies of the Keith Olbermann set. After all, isn't it obvious that if the Left Fringe are violent, anti-social freaks, then the Right Fringe must be as well? Clearly all the things the Left Fringe (or Statists) have done / considered / fantasized must be the same things the Right Fringe are planning to do right now, right?

Just because Penn State thinks that returning veterans are out to harm professors doesn't make it so. Frankly if this weren't so dangerous, it would be laughable.

No doubt it's ludicrous, but it's also dangerous, given the resources of the folks who are lost in their fantasy of evil Americans desperate for revenge for their losses in November. Frankly, that was hardly even the straw that broke the camel's back, if you ask me. We've been trading freedom for a feeding frenzy at the public trough for decades now - with only a little pause under Reagan - all the while slouching toward Gomorrah.

I suppose that once one moves far enough to the Left, any normal person looks to be a Far Right radical kook. Of course, I may just be being too kind by looking for a rational explanation.

Don't tread on me, but don't think I'm out to get you - that would just be paranoid.

grr.

No comments: