Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Cooking is Art (but not baking)

You know, I find that cooking is an art, but baking is a science. Recipes can be altered as you go, based on what's in the cupboard or pantry, but if you change your baking recipe, you're most likely doomed. That's why I don't bake much.
Cooking is a creative outlet that lets the cook express his feelings: his love for the folks who will consume the food, his love for the Lord who created it all, his joy with the various ingredients. Beware, however, the food of a chef who is busy expressing darker feelings - angst, doubt, anger, despair, a desire for revenge - these will produce dishes best served to no one at all, regardless of the temperature!
I don't know what I'm going to cook tonight for dinner, but I know it's going to be good!

Cheers

No comments: