Tuesday, May 19, 2020

19 May 2020 - Plague Journal Day 68

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

I hope you’ve found that even in this time away from one another, there is still a sense of community in the church. I know I have. Frankly, it’s amazing what God can do. At our house, we’ve “attended” a lot more worship services these last weeks than we could in real life, as it were, and it’s been very fulfilling. We’ve worshiped all over Southeast Michigan - in Grosse Pointe, Mount Clemens, South Lyon, Waterford, and Warren - and even College Grove, Tennessee!
It’s not the same, watching things on the screen, sitting on the couch, drinking coffee during service, but it is the same in the sense that we’re worshiping the same God with our brothers and sisters.

We all know that getting ready and then the commute to church can be a chore and a contentious time, and living room church can take most of that right out of the mix. Well, I’ve heard from a mom about how her kids have “gone to church” with her every week of this lock-down, and with no complaints, no fighting, they actually look forward to it. I pray that they will be able to find that it’s even better when we really do get together, and that it’s worth getting up a little earlier to go to the church and worship with their church family. I pray that we all will.

“Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” - Hebrews 10:23-25 ESV

I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord!” - Psalm 122:1 ESV


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: