Friday, November 19, 2021

What About NaNoWriMo? - 19 November 2021 - Plague Journal Day 617

Micah 6:8
John 21:25
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?


NaNoWriMo - what about it indeed? (that's National Novel Writing Month, aka November)
In years passed I have probably bored many folks with my constant updates, either celebrating the number of words I'd written or bemoaning the fact that I had hardly written any.

Sadly, I've been stuck on the same novel project for a few years now - it seems like a great story to me, and much of it is written and/or outlined, but actually finishing a draft has eluded me thus far.

Well, I came across a book title the other day that may have been just what I needed to spur me on to writing again. I have no idea what the book is about, but the title spoke to me of a book I could actually enjoy writing while I wait for the other one to finally congeal in my mind.
It's much more of a kind with my first novel, Bytes Akimbo - a not-quite-absurdist humorous sci-fi romp. This should be fun for me to write and for me to read as I proof and revise.
(Here's a link to that first novel if you're interested - it's actually part of Kindle Unlimited for those of you who have that service.)

I think I'm going to jump on this one as soon as I'm done outlining the sermon I have to prepare for next Sunday. Stay tuned.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: