Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Reading is Miraculous - 17 November 2021 - Plague Journal Day 615

Micah 6:8
Numbers 22:22-35
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is National Farm Joke Day. Frankly, farms are nothing to joke about, nor are farmers. Without them, what would we eat? Nuts and berries we gather ourselves? Himalayan Possum Stew? (yep, I found him a-layin' in the road) I'm no expert on agriculture, but I think we'd be in dire straits without farms.
Some of my favourite magazines (especially back when printed magazines were a thing I actually did in my job) are the Farm magazines - Successful Farming, Farm Journal, Progressive Farmer, and all that ilk. They all seem to have a page or two featuring what are now called hacks or life hacks - simply brilliant solutions to problems around the farm using materials and skills at hand. I always enjoy checking out the ingenuity of the American Farmer.

Nonetheless, as it is National Farm Joke Day, I'm going to supply one here. Enjoy:


A devout farmer lost his favorite Bible while he was mending fences out in his fields.
Three weeks later a cow walked up carrying the Bible in its mouth.
The farmer couldn't believe his eyes.
He took the book out of the cow's mouth, raised his eyes heavenward and exclaimed, "It's a miracle!"
"Not really," said the cow. "Your name was written inside the cover."


Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: