Saturday, May 08, 2021

Pull An All-Nighter - 08 May 2021 - Plague Journal Day 422

Micah 6:8
1 Corinthians 15:51-55  1 Thessalonians 5:6  Job 38
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Here we are on Mother's Day Eve, and how "appropriate" is this celebration, I ask you. Tonight is Stay Up All Night Night. I'm sure all the mothers out there would be more than thrilled to deal with totally un-rested children on Mother's Day, don't you agree? Who comes up with these things? Doctor Evil? Snidely Whiplash? Good grief.

Still, I do like a good all-nighter - especially when there's really no good reason for it. Back in my university days, I would often stay up all night reading novels that had nothing to do with any of the classes I was taking at the time, simply because I could. Early in our MYF leading days, I would stay up all weekend on retreats - again, simply because I could. Eventually I decided it was wiser to be rested and more aware and coherent, but it was fun while it lasted.


Sleep. Why do we do it? It seems a colossal waste of time to me. If only it weren't necessary, I wouldn't do it at all. Oh well, that's just the way we're designed, and who am I to question God's designs?

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: