Monday, May 03, 2021

A Great Place - 03 May 2021 - Plague Journal Day 417

Micah 6:8
Luke 8:22-25
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?


Today - the Monday of the first full week of May - is Great Lakes Awareness Day. I feel very privileged to live here in Great Lakes Central (that's the State of Michigan - Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam, Circumspice!). While I'm not actually on one of the five (count 'em - five!) Great Lakes, I do live just inland from the main Great Lakes connector lake, and I have visited all the Great Lakes as well as that source of paddling voyagers, Lake Nipigon. This is an amazing part of the world, and I feel blessed to live here. Now if we can just keep the Asian Carp from infiltrating ..

On a more domestic, home-bound note, today is also National Lumpy Rug Day. I'm afraid we have a lot of experience with lumpy rugs here at Cleveland, and when one perpetrator passes on, another takes his or her place.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: