Tuesday, May 04, 2021

No, Not _Those_ Orioles - 04 May 2021 - Plague Journal Day 418

Micah 6:8
Psalm 84   Matthew 6:25-27
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

I know I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating. The middle Scripture references at the top of each of my posts are selected carefully to complement the topic of that day's writing. Please, do follow the links. Thank you.
In that vein, you'll note that I've linked to a Psalm today. It hits a couple of things I'm looking at today - birds, oranges, and poetry.


Today is Bird Day. I'm fairly certain it's not a celebration of Mark Fidrych, but feel free to share a memory of that fun time in Detroit Tigers history.
It's also National Orange Juice Day. That lines up nicely with Baltimore Orioles (no, not the baseball team, the birds for which the team was named), as those feathered visitors are strongly attracted to oranges and things coloured orange. We have an orange-roofed jelly bowl hanging in the backyard for them. Somehow it doesn't seem to matter that we're giving them grape jelly in that bowl, just so the roof is orange. Maybe they're not as smart as they think they are.

 
I do like orange juice, but it occurs to me that it's been ages since I had an Orange Julius. I think the last place I had the opportunity was in Niagara Falls, Ontario right near the Skylon Tower. If Canada ever opens the border again, I may have to stop in (unless the whole town is gone because no one has been allowed to visit for over a year).











I know I mentioned that choosing a Psalm hit two topics here, but so far you've only seen the Bird aspect. Well, today is also Poem On Your Pillow Day, so there you go - a psalm is a poem.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: