Thursday, May 06, 2021

Make A Book - 06 May 2021 - Plague Journal Day 420

Micah 6:8
John 21:25 
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is Make A Book Day. It is part of National Family Reading Week, and I heartily endorse both of these activities. It appears I was destined to write / make books, as I have recently found a book I wrote sometime in the first or second grade - and it still holds up! A riveting story of a young boy and his pet turtle, this is a page-turner of the first rank. I'm only glad I never had to write a sequel describing the ravages of salmonella wreaked upon the unsuspecting family by the tropical island-dwelling reptile.

(Aside: Does anyone else remember the PSA that ran probably in the 1960s showing Viking germs singing about salmonella to the tune of the Ride of the Valkyries? I can't believe I made it up, but I've never been able to find a copy of it anywhere.)

Back to making books. I've been involved in collections of recipes (two of those so far), devotional writings (20+ of those), a memoir, written a couple novels, a Bible study, a Christmas collection, a collection of writing prompts and exercises; the list goes on and on, and I don't see an end to it. The sense of accomplishment as each is published is very rewarding and I recommend it to you.

You know you have a story to tell, or some recipes to share, or some thoughts on various topics - why not get them written down and share them? You'll be glad you did.


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: