Wednesday, August 19, 2020

19 August 2020 - Plague Journal Day 159

Micah 6:8
Colossians 4:5-6
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is Black Cow Root Beer Float Day. One has to wonder why this particular treat gets celebrated so frequently. After all, earlier this month we had plain old Root Beer Float Day at which time I wondered whether that mightn't also called a Black Cow, and opined that it could. As it turns out, I was right (see post of August 6).

It further eventuates that today is National Potato Day - what is your favorite potato dish? With this confluence of commemorations it might be fun to make a gravy float - a glass of gravy with a scoop of mashed potatoes in it, much in the manner of a Black Cow / Boston Cooler.
I think that sounds lovely, and it reminds me of a cocktail challenge of a few years ago, when my sister challenged me to come up with a gravy-based cocktail, eventuating in the invention of the Gravy Alexander. It was very like a Brandy Alexander, but seasoned with spices normally associated with a roasted turkey and its gravy. (Hmm, maybe gravy is the mother of invention, eh, Frank? I suppose we could ask a vegetable.)


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: