Sunday, May 31, 2020

31 May 2020 - Plague Journal Day 80

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is Pentecost - I have often preached on this day in the past, covering for pastors who were away at our church's Annual Conference, but not this year.
Anyway, to celebrate today, wear something red, and speak in another language, but please speak in complete sentences.
Just because, here are some links to old Pentecost sermons:
2014
2015
2016
2017
2018
2019

I would also ask everyone to keep in mind that once we're back together for worship, I'm sure we'll all feel like it's time to celebrate one another, but that's not what worship is about. That's more at the fellowship we're all craving and missing so desperately. What worship is about is celebrating God - the One who Created, Redeemed, and Sustains us all - the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. That's what worship is about - it's about Him, not about us.

I'm still excited to get back to corporate, in-person worship with my church family, but I'm also trying to keep myself aware that I'm worshiping God wherever and whenever I am, and that's never been stopped.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: