Monday, June 01, 2020

01 June 2020 - Plague Journal Day 81

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is Flip a Coin Day, and it happens on the perfect day. Why?

Because it's also:
International Children's Day and the Global Day of Parents.

Say Something Nice Day and Oscar the Grouch Day

Dare Day and Heimlich Maneuver Day (that's an odd way to spell manoeuvre, though)

Now, I suppose it would be possible for one to celebrate both halves of each pairing, but why? Let's just flip some coins.


On a side note, my sister and I witnessed what I now realize to have been a very early application of the Heimlich Manoeuvre back in about 1977. We were lunching with Detroit Express goalkeeper Steve Hardwick and his fiancée at the Main Event restaurant when a gent at a nearby table began to choke on whatever it was he was eating. Another member of his party managed to dislodge the obstruction through the application of said manoeuvre, and was rewarded with a round of applause from all those seated in the area (as well as the resumption of his friend's breathing, which was more to the point). Good times. I miss the old NASL.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: