Thursday, June 04, 2020

04 June 2020 - Plague Journal Day 84

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Micah 6:6-8 (ESV)
What Does the Lord Require?

6 “With what shall I come before the Lord,
    and bow myself before God on high?
  Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
    with calves a year old?
7 Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams,
    with ten thousands of rivers of oil?
  Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression,
    the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?”
8 He has told you, O man, what is good;
    and what does the Lord require of you
  but to do justice, and to love kindness,
    and to walk humbly with your God?


Walking humbly with your God includes praying, and what better prayer than the one Jesus gave us as a model?

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever.
Amen.
#895 in The United Methodist Hymnal

I'm not going to add much commentary here, other than to notice that the hardest part of that prayer is asking to be forgiven in the way we forgive others. I'd be asking for trouble most of the time. It's a good thing that God is good all the time. (All the time, God is good!)

Think on these things.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: