Wednesday, March 09, 2022

It's Not That Easy Being Pale - 09 March 2022 - Plague Journal Day 727

Micah 6:8
Psalm 33:1-3
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

If you're a Sunday reader of this blog you'll remember the last Sunday in February I mentioned a song would be transformed, or transposed, or transfigured, or something like that.
I was the soloist that Sunday, and my original plan was to sing a hymn to a tune other than its normal one - to transform the song that way (for Transfiguration Sunday, you see). Well, I ended up changing the meter instead of the tune (Rock of Ages in 4/4 rather than 3/2 if you're interested). So when I came across the video I've linked below it struck a chord, so to speak.

So there's really no reason for this one other than it's weirdly wonderful. It's Procol Harum's "Whiter Shade of Pale" sung to the theme song from "The Muppet Show." (That Muppet opening looks like a more exciting Zoom meeting than most, doesn't it?)
It just goes to show you, when presented with a challenge, just go for it - you never know what might happen!
You're welcome.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our insane lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.




No comments: