Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Gloating About the Goat - 08 March 2022 - Plague Journal Day 726

Micah 6:8
Genesis 27:8-13
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

As you know, we have a dog named Billie. I'm sure I've told you that she was named that due to her resemblance to a goat, both in conformation and behaviour. She jumps like a goat, she eats everything like a goat (I haven't caught her eating any tin cans yet, but one never knows!), she's just very caprine.

 
Well, she is a very fun companion, so it's nice to have her around. However, what with work and other obligations, Billie is often not with one or the other of us. Enter the Emergency Goat from Archie McPhee. It was (as I've noted here before) at least near the top of the list for all Christmas presents to anyone this past year. 

However, one of its best uses has turned out to be entertaining the spam callers who seem to check in on us each day. I have a feeling some of them enjoy it so much they call back regularly, hoping to hear the screaming, bleating, and all-around goatitude our phone line has to offer.
One can hope that's what it is. Now I've got to go. I think my car's warranty is about to expire!


Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our insane lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: