Monday, March 07, 2022

Feeling Like Bobby Flay - 07 March 2022 - Plague Journal Day 725

Micah 6:8
Isaiah 44:19-20
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Why did I feel like Bobby Flay yesterday? It was all down to grilling, then chilling!
06 March is normally a bit early to break out the charcoal, but yesterday we topped 61F (16C) under sunny skies, so who was I to refuse?
As is my wont, I didn't just do one item - that's a waste of time and charcoal - so I ended up grilling up a mess of hot dogs, some smoked sausage, some chicken tenders, a bunch of little bell peppers, a large eggplant, and some lamb kofta. We shall see how it all tastes in the days to come, but the aromas were quite lovely. (Quelle est cette odeur agréable? C'est mes viandes!)

OK, that says the grilling, but what about the chilling?

We took Billie over to Dad's house to do some more emptying, but she obviously needed a walk, so I hooked her up and we headed over to Dave & Sue's to see if Jax might be out. He was, and they had a nice, short visit. Then we headed down to Lakeshore to go back to Dad's. Well, those blocks are really very long down there in the Shores, and the wind was really blowing, and the temperature had dropped quite a bit, now it was more like 40F (4C) with a strong wind. I was chilled by the time we got back.

So there you have it. I'll report back on the carnages des jours as they come up.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our insane lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: