Saturday, March 26, 2022

Go the Other Way, Yogi! - 26 March 2022 - Plague Journal Day 744

Micah 6:8
Psalm 119:103-105
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

On 26 March 1874 Robert Frost, American poet and playwright, was born. I have a few connections with Mr. Frost.
First off, we're both poets, although he seems to be better known and more widely quoted and published. Ah, fickle fame!
Secondly, back in my university days, my dorm was divided into several houses, generally named after famous alumni. I lived in Frost House for two years, and yes, it was indeed named for Robert Frost.

Finally (for now), I've sung and enjoyed several of the Randall Thompson settings of Frost's poems - a collection of seven songs known as Frostiana. Yes, The Road Less Taken is one, but so is Choose Something Like a Star. That one is just plain wonderful. You should learn it, sing it, remember it. 

Here's a video I found for you. You're welcome.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our insane lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: