Monday, March 21, 2022

Disappointed - 21 March 2022 - Plague Journal Day 739

Micah 6:8
Ezekiel 24:1-5
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

As we all know, St. Patrick's Day was last week. I determined to cook a corned beef brisket for dinner, although it was on Friday as we hadn't enough time Thursday for the cooking, and cast about for the best method. Well, it sounded like the slow cooker would be ideal - sadly I didn't find that out until noon or so, and it called for nine hours cooking time. A no go for sure. Aha! We have an Instant Pot! That should do the trick! and there was the recipe telling me a total of two hours from start to finish, so here we go.


I will admit, the flavor was quite good, but oddly the meat, while tender, seemed dry. I somewhat puzzling outcome - dry, tender, flavorful meat. At least it didn't take long, thanks to the pressure! or the enhanced pressure!

Live and learn, I suppose. I may have to get another one and drop it in the crockpot instead.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our insane lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: