Wednesday, January 05, 2022

We Don't Need No Stinking Debts - 05 January 2022 - Plague Journal Day 664

Micah 6:8
2 Kings 4:7
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

I've considered posting about Student Loan "forgiveness" for quite some time, but hadn't gotten around to it. My basic idea was that those agitating for it are really saying, "I borrowed more than I want to repay, so folks who didn't borrow the money (and didn't get the education), should pay it back for me."
I hadn't really considered those in government who advocate for it (and who also still carry student debt) are saying the same thing, but also saying "I can't figure out how to pay this back, so clearly you chumps out there who can't get elected to Congress can't either."

That is a truly frightening thought, and much better expressed in this piece by the pseudonymous George MF Washington found here. (I don't think there's any subscription required to read this, but let me know if it doesn't work for you.)


Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our insane lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: