Wednesday, December 01, 2021

To Bethlehem! To Bethlehem! - 01 December 2021 - Plague Journal Day 629

Micah 6:8
Luke 2:1-7
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

This is the First of December. That means it's time for Advent Calendars to start swinging open in homes across Christendom.
My tradition (I was going to say my new tradition until I realized how long I've been doing this) is to read "The Christmas Mystery" by Jostein Gaarder. It's a really fun book with a short chapter for each day of December from 1 to 25 following the story discovered by Joachim in the 'magic advent calendar' he discovers in a bookshop.

I've been reading this book each December since we received it as a gift in 2007 - hence my hesitation to call it a new tradition: I've been reading this book every Advent for over twenty years now.

At any rate, if you've not read this book, I would recommend that you get it and start. The chapters are short enough that you can catch up when the book arrives, or get the Kindle version and start right in!

Have a very Happy Advent. Get yourself ready - He's coming!

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: