Friday, December 03, 2021

Moustaches! - 03 December 2021 - Plague Journal Day 631

Micah 6:8
Luke 2:41-51
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

I may have mentioned this before. One of Heidi's absolute favourite authors is Agatha Christie. It was exciting on one of our visits to Devon to happen across some historical markers related to Dame Agatha's life and work, as well as to see "The Mousetrap" in London a few times. As I recall, the first time I was in London - way back in 1975 - The Mousetrap was already billing itself as the world's longest-running play. Well, it's still going lo these many years later.


Why do I bring this up today? I saw a notice that on this day in history, 03 December 1926, Novelist Dame Agatha Christie disappeared for eleven days. This is a period about which little to nothing is actually known, even to this day. Fairly recently there was a novel published about that period - positing a tale to explain those eleven days. I've not read it, but it's a great idea for a novel.

Then, I came across this Friday Fun Fact: Russia has eleven times zones.

Could this be mere coincidence? The medical rule of thumb is that it takes one day per time zone traversed to bring one's circadian rhythms into sync with the new locale. This is looking more and more suspicious, no?

Poirot? Where are you!?

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: