Thursday, December 02, 2021

I'd Rather Do It Myself! - 02 December 2021 - Plague Journal Day 630

Micah 6:8
Psalm 2
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

On this day in history, 02 December 1804, Napoleon was crowned emperor of France at the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris. He was also crowned a bunch of other things - including King of Italy, and that took place using the Iron Crown of Lombardy, a relic that actually has a role in the novel I'm currently writing. Legend has it that the Iron Crown included a nail from the True Cross, and that's how it's tangentially related to my plot. When it's done, you'll all be welcome to read it for yourselves. Until then, I'm the only one enjoying the story. More's the pity.

I read a really interesting book that gave insight into Napoleon's rise to power and let me travel the same path that Beethoven had done, from admiring Napoleon to thinking he was a conceited, egotistical jerk - a once-great man. "Able was I ere I saw Elba," indeed. Jerk.


Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: