Monday, March 08, 2021

I Need Some Coffee - 08 March 2021 - Plague Journal Day 361

Micah 6:8
Colossians 3:15-17
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

I think being alone all the time is getting to me.
I seem to be more emotional about little things than I ever was before. Maybe it's just getting older, but I don't think so. Anyway, we added back a responsive reading in worship yesterday. It's really very simple - responsively reading a psalm, the liturgist alternating with the congregation.
I choked up in the middle of our first response.
Hearing my church family speaking together out loud - masked and distanced, but together and out loud - was obviously something I had missed more than I realized. I really did choke up and couldn't finish that first line, simply because it was so wonderful to hear everyone around me. It may seem silly, but that's how it hit me.
Now it's on to some singing! (One of these days, the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.)


I also wish a Happy Commonwealth Day to my commonwealthy brethren and sistern. A bit nasty for the former Prince (and soon to be former Duke?) and Duchess to badmouth the royals on this celebration of the Commonwealth. Bad form, you two.

This Day in History:
08 March 1913 – The Internal Revenue Service began collecting income taxes.
08 March 8 1999 Joe DiMaggio died.



Where did you go, Joe DiMaggio? The nation turns its sleepy eyes to you.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: