Friday, July 17, 2020

17 July 2020 - Plague Journal Day 127

Micah 6:8
Romans 10:14-18
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

The company where I work (well, technically I work at home these days), Universal McCann, has a long tradition of charity/outreach/community support/call it what you will, and even in these pandemic times that has not changed.
Yesterday was our annual Impact Day. In years past, it's been a day when our offices were closed and employees had the opportunity to join together in helping with some local community project. These projects included things like cleaning up abandoned fields, helping to build porches, tutoring at community centers, all that kind of thing.
This year we couldn't ask folks to come together to do a big project, so we were asked to find a project in our own locales - something that would help to make a Better World (that's the tagline for Impact Day). I decided to try my hand at doing some recordings for the blind.
I will admit, it was harder and more time-consuming than I had expected, but it was definitely rewarding. I think this is something I'll try to expand to an actual ministry over time, now that I'm starting to get the hang of it.


What would you do if you had a day off work to make the world better for someone else? (Asking for a friend.)

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: