Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Inflation? - 18 January 2022 - Plague Journal Day 677

Micah 6:8
Genesis 2:5-9
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Well here's some fun history for you. On 18 January 1974 we were treated to the premier of "The Six Million Dollar Man" on network television. I was surprised to find out how much that would be in today's money. I wouldn't have been terribly surprised if it were $60 million, but according to the inflation calculator I found online, 1974's $6 million translates into a mere $34 million today. Practically chump change, right?

I can see Elon Musk starting a project to have a line of $34 million upgrades available, especially for those headed for his Mars colony.
I mean, we have the technology.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our insane lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.




No comments: