Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Let My People Go - 09 November 2021 - Plague Journal Day 607

Micah 6:8
Exodus 8:1-6
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Until fairly recently, it seemed to me that much of the thrust of modern history was toward more freedom for the people. I'm pretty sure I was mistaken in this assessment. Most likely this was how things were supposed to look to us, rather than how they really were.


Still, at least in the West, there were moves away from tyranny toward freedom. In fact, this is quite a day to celebrate freedom in European history. On this date in 1989 the Berlin Wall fell. In other WWII-related news, nineteen years prior to that, on 09 November 1970, Charles de Gaulle died. Here's a stirring tribute. (please note the position of my tongue, held firmly in cheek)

Now go work for freedom. Freedom isn't - and never has been - free. It must be fought for and defended at all times.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: