Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Summer Slush - 25 August 2021 - Plague Journal Day 531

Micah 6:8
Psalm 147:16-18
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is National Whiskey Sour Day. My Aunt Peggy used to make frozen whiskey sours, or whiskey sour slush, as many might call it. She filled her blender with ice cubes and dropped in one of those tubes of frozen lemonade concentrate. Then she filled that tube with whiskey and added it to the blender. All that remained was to blend it all till slushy and enjoy. I think that is still my favorite whiskey sour of all time. Simple, cheap, tasty, and refreshing.

She had a lot of fun stuff like that - like what she called Dinner on a Breadstick. Basically it was loose, browned hamburger (like meat from a coney hamburger if you're familiar with those) with cheese and onion on half a hot dog bun toasted under the broiler. She also made really good scalloped corn. She's the one to whose house I was going when Mom (her sister) took us around 5 of the four leaves of the cloverleaf at I-94 and I-69 near Marshall, MI.

I'm pretty sure she was the cool Mom in Clint and Christy's circles of friends.


Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: