Monday, August 23, 2021

Gotta Dance - 23 August 2021 - Plague Journal Day 529

Micah 6:8
Psalm 41
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Gene Kelly was born on this date in 1912. He stars in what I generally consider my favorite movie - An American in Paris. I have always assumed that the extended dance sequence in that film inspired Danny Kaye's satirical "choreography" bit in White Christmas, so since I like that bit too, it's a bonus for me! Happy Birthday, Gene.

On a personal note, my Dad is in hospital right now, getting some circulation issues checked and (we hope) ameliorated. Prayers are always welcome and appreciated.

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: