Saturday, August 21, 2021

Not Bad - 21 August 2021 - Plague Journal Day 527

Micah 6:8
Psalm 8
Yes, your life matters.

Some of you are still sheltering in place, but fear not: I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?


The other day we celebrated Bad Poetry Day. Today is Poet's Day, a day to celebrate the poet in each of us, as well as our favourite poets and poems. Perhaps you can find a way to do a public reading of your favourite - I'm going to grab my Oxford poetry book and belt out a rousing rendition of "I Am a Cowboy in the Boat of Ra" by Ishmael Reed at some point today, even if my cats are the only audience. After all, cats should love anything with Egyptian imagery since those folks worshipped cats back when.


Now go celebrate a poet - and be one!

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: