Wednesday, July 28, 2021

I Would Gladly Pay You Tuesday - 28 July 2021 - Plague Journal Day 503

Micah 6:8
Psalm 107:8-9  James 2:15-16
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is National Hamburger Day! What a wonderful thing to celebrate, no? There are so many ways to make them, so many ways to top them, but only one way to eat them - with relish! (No, not necessarily that chopped sweet pickle type stuff (and especially not that neon abomination folks in Chicago use on their hot dogs!), but rather with enjoyment, don't you know.)

You might well think we'd be celebrating with some delicious hamburgers here at Cleveland, but you'd be mistaken. Tonight's menu had been determined before I learned of this occasion - beef tenderloin, cilantro-lime rice, and a corn & black bean salad. I don't think I'll miss the burgers, but it would have been fun.

At any rate, I would gladly pay you on Tuesday ....

Keep Calm and Don't Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: