Monday, April 05, 2021

Now What? - 05 April 2021 - Plague Journal Day 389

Micah 6:8
Acts 13:13-52
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Well. Holy Week is over. Lent is over. Now what will stimulate my blogging?

Breakfast this morning was strange. I no longer had my Lenten devotions to read, as all three of the books I've been reading are now completed. I am reading CS Lewis's book on the Psalms, so that's still there, but I'm almost done with that one too.
As the title says here - Now What?

If you know me well at all, you probably know that my shirt collars all have holes in them. I have worn a cross pin on my collar for many years now. (I'm thinking it started in June 1985, but I'm not completely certain of that date. It's within a year, one way or the other.) Over those 35 years I've collected a few different crosses (and lost one I really liked), and I tend to change them based on the season or particular activities or happenings.

   

One thing I do is to wear the one that incorporates a G clef when we're heading into a Music Sunday or other special music event. Another was to wear the (now lost) Celtic cross I bought at the New Room in Bristol, England when there were Wesley dates.

Holy Week is another time when I have a pattern. It's whatever cross I've been wearing until Good Friday, then I switch to a pin that has three crosses on it (I have matching cuff-links should my shirt allow). Then on Saturday I switch to a fish pin. Why the fish? Because Jesus told folks that the only sign they would get was the sign of Jonah. While some think that sign is a successful outreach to Gentiles. mostly it's taken to refer to the 3 days in the belly of the fish = 3 days in the tomb and then a resurrection. That's why I wear my fish pin on Holy Saturday. Generally I then put in a pin with the words "He Is Risen" for Easter.

Now you know.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: