Thursday, April 08, 2021

Misled and Mixed-Up - 08 April 2021 - Plague Journal Day 392

Micah 6:8
Daniel 2:27-28
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

I got a promotional email from Barnes and Noble today. Reading the subject line, "Spend a Night Inside a Museum," I had already decided that what I wanted it to be about was better than what it really was going to be about. My assumption was that it was going to be a novelization of the Night at the Museum movies or something of that ilk.
Imagine my delight when it turned out to be actually about the book I had thought was better than whatever they were going to promote - "From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler" by E. L. Konigsburg! Huzzah!


If you don't know this book, if you don't remember reading it as a kid, if you don't remember your kid reading it, I would encourage you to get a copy and read it. There are scenes in that book that have stuck with me since I read it when I was ten or so. It's an adventure/mystery tale with plenty of fun and humor.
Go read it.
Highly recommended.

By the way, I just noticed that I have posted to this blog every day for more than a year. Today is the 374th consecutive day of blogging. When I started back to this as a way of staying sane during the two weeks to flatten the curve, I had no idea I would still be posting lo these nearly 54 weeks later.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: