Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Dog Report Plus - 28 April 2021 - Plague Journal Day 412

Micah 6:8
Acts 17:24-28    Joshua 24:14-15
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

I'm sure you're all desperate to know how my first day of simultaneously covering work and dog management went. I'm happy to report that all went well.
Billie was good all day - I only had to step out of a meeting once to let her out - and she actually made sure I got enough walking in for the day. Bonus win-win, I guess.

Now for the plus. Today is Great Poetry Reading Day. I'm not sure to which part of that the "great" is meant to apply - the Poetry or the Reading - but I'm planning to pull out my Oxford Poetry collection and reprise my rousing reading of "I Am a Cowboy in the Boat of Ra" by Ishmael Reed. Back in my university days everyone used to ask me to read this ... people sometimes requested ... I once read this poem at a party and wasn't thrown out. Ah, the memories. Good times.


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: