Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Dog Day Afternoon (All Day, Really) - 27 April 2021 - Plague Journal Day 411

Micah 6:8
Mark 7:24-30
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is the 411th day of our two-week work from home regime. I've had weeks that seemed longer than seven days before, but nothing like this fortnight!
(As an aside, it seems that everyone knows 411 means information. What the younger folks might not remember is that at one time 411 was the number for directory assistance, way back before all the 555-1212 business. It's fun to see how old facts become new slang.)
I know it's not Summer yet, but today is my first Dog Day at work. Yes, there's a new dog here at Cleveland. Her name is Billie (because she looks and leaps like a goat) and she's about six months old.
Normally she goes to work with Heidi, but there's a case of kennel cough going around there, so I'm on duty today. I need to remember to let her out, feed her, all that good puppy stuff.
We'll see how it goes - wish me luck!

She's not old, and her name isn't Blue, but enjoy the Byrds anyway!


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


No comments: