Monday, March 29, 2021

Tickling the Ivories - 29 March 2021 - Plague Journal Day 382

Micah 6:8
Psalm 150   Colossians 3:16
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

UPDATES BELOW IN RED

Today is the 88th day of 2021, and thus it is Piano Day. Indeed. (As I recall, it was on the Flintstones that I learned there were 88 keys on a piano keyboard.) At any rate, it was hearing the instrumental monster hit, Alley Cat, by Bent Fabric (seriously, Bent Fabric) that made me ask to take piano lessons as a kid. I checked my sheet music (the same one pictured below), and it turns out that Bent Fabric was the recording artist; the composer was Frank Bjorn. Poor guy only had first names, it appears.


That song is the reason we bought a piano and why I took all those lessons (nine years or so). I still have the sheet music on my piano (not the same one), and I might be able to almost play it semi-competently were I to give it a try. (I did try at lunch time. I both over- and under-estimated my retained abilities. I managed to get through it without being too embarrassed, but not in a way I would want to perform in public. Time to practice.) At any rate, I guess I need to say "Thank you" to Mr. Fabric (and Mr. Bjorn!) for getting me started on my musical journey. I can't imagine what my life would be like without the playing, singing, and writing that all got its start with that catchy little piano tune. It's vastly richer than it would have been, no doubt.

Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.


 

 


No comments: