Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Colour My World - 31 March 2021 - Plague Journal Day 384

Micah 6:8 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Micah+6%3A8&version=ESV

Yes, your life matters. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+30:19&version=ESV

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is National Crayon Day - I always liked the Umbers and Siennas best. Ultramarine was good too.
I was searching the web for pictures of Crayola crayon packages and found the one above. It took me back to my childhood, as that was the box I remember using for all kinds of important projects. We didn't have a lot of luxury items, that's for sure, but we did have good arts and crafts stuff. I guess that really was a pretty big part of my upbringing.

I wonder what liking tertiary colours best says about a person. I'm not big on primaries (Red, Yellow, Blue), secondaries are OK (Orange, Green, Purple), but I'm more of a tertiary guy (Browns, really). Of course I do like my purple and orange sweaters (that's two different ones), and my Detroit Express Staff shirt with the Orange and Blue stripes still hangs proudly in my closet (graced with the autograph of the trainer - Karl Glass!).

In unrelated news, here's one that Christian needs to celebrate carefully. Today is National Tater Day. I suppose if he thinks of it as home runs that's not so bad (although it's before Opening Day, so that's not likely to be the real reference), but if he wants to be able to eat anything else he'll need more than a modicum of moderation.

In even more unrelated news, there are a couple interesting birthdays today.
Johann Sebastian Bach, Saxon organist and composer was born in 1685, following René Descartes, French philosopher and mathematician (or was he Spanish, Mark?) who was born in 1596.
It's pretty cool - Descartes spoke about Creation with Mathematics, and Bach spoke to God with Mathematics. (Thanks to Poul Anderson for that quote about Bach!)


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: