Friday, March 05, 2021

The Spirit of the Woods - 05 March 2021 - Plague Journal Day 358

Micah 6:8
1 Samuel 20:18-23
Yes, your life matters.

We all are still sheltering in place, but I'm here to keep you sane and entertained.
One could hardly ask for much more than that, now could one?

Today is Fred Bear Day, so draw a bow and shoot an arrow. When I was a kid I never really was involved in any sports. The closest I ever came was when I was part of an archery league (probably in Middle School), much like others were in bowling leagues and the like.

Each Saturday we'd head out to Acorn Archery on Gratiot in Roseville (at least that's my recollection) and would shoot arrows into targets while eating pork rinds from the vending machine. I (as evidenced above) was a spectacular archer - fully qualified for the Junior Olympics! (or perhaps that means I would have been allowed to try out for the Junior Olympics? I'm sticking with the first interpretation. Now I wonder why I didn't go.)

It's kind of odd that, the generally peaceful, peaceable person that I am, I would have participated in Archery (perhaps too many viewings of the Adventures of Robin Hood?) and then at university the only gym / phys ed courses I took were Fencing and Rifle & Pistol.

At any rate, here's to Fred Bear and the spirit of the woods!


Keep Calm and Stay Away.
I'll be back tomorrow.
The mental health issues related to our lockdown and the pandemic are especially hard for people with depression. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, has a 24 hour helpline: 800-950-6264.

No comments: